Welcome to my blog

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Fung and I am a secondary school student.
My interests are reading books, and playing outdoor sports. My most favoured sport is football, because it consists of communication and teamwork.
This blog is for saving my school work, and posting educational videos to help myself remember work I have done. Most of it will be written work, although I will post some videos.

Inspirational Quotes

Friday, July 29, 2011

Narratives, Newspapers, and Novels

It has been 1 month into my summer holiday already, and I've been reading quite a few books. So far my summer holiday has been a time to take a rest from school holiday, time to sit, chill relax that sort. But anyways, I've had a whole pile of books stacked on top of each other right next to my bed. And I've read down until there is only 2 left. But I find that there are a lot of books or novels, that I have read are really boring, not eye-catching at all, thick, long, small-fonted etc.


So I want to relate this post to the post 'Features of a Newspaper' that has a list of what a Newspaper has.


What is the purpose of creating narratives, newspapers, novels? There could be quite a few reasons, making money, entertaining the audience, just for the sake of fun, its a wild adventure to write one. There are probably millions of reasons to become a writer, journalist, or a poet etc.


But to become a good writer you have to have good quality of writing, but also you have to make the book/ novel, narrative, newspaper etc. appealing to your audience, or else they will simply not pick it up. So I've returned 3 books that were written by Robert Ludlum just because the book cover, was too dull and boring (plain grey). The thickness of the book bore me to death, and lost my motivation for me to read it, and also the font size was too small so I couldn't read it.


So it relates to the South China Morning Post because there are elements that you would need to insert in your writing to capture your audience, make puns, jokes that are suitable for the age group etc.


Anyways, hope you all enjoy your summer holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment