Welcome to my blog

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Fung and I am a secondary school student.
My interests are reading books, and playing outdoor sports. My most favoured sport is football, because it consists of communication and teamwork.
This blog is for saving my school work, and posting educational videos to help myself remember work I have done. Most of it will be written work, although I will post some videos.

Inspirational Quotes

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Entrepreneurship news article

For English we were given an assessment to create a newspaper article. There were 4 different subject articles we could choose from. And I chose the one that was about a person named Ryan Hwang who has sold his candy recently.

As sweet as candy 
Born dyslexic, defeated in his academic work. Raised in a low income family. Ryan Hwang is destined to become the next entrepreneur of the year with his newly home-made candy

By FUNG 
Published: June 3, 2011
In what could possibly turn out to be another successful Virgin Music brand, a Hongkonger currently seeks to build a triumphant company. He sees Hong Kong as the preeminent place to build a retail business. 
Will there be more space for a new coming entrepreneur this year? 
Yesterday, Ryan Hwang, a possible forth coming entrepreneur and retailer, announced the release of his new candy line in Mong Kok. His candy has sold well the past few days, and Ryan is looking for more. 
Over the span of 4 days, Ryan has sold 400,000 packages of his new and innovative lines of candy. 
Since Ryan was young, he has always had the intention of being in the position of a Founder of a company. He had never anticipated that his life would go this far, but in a matter of time, his dream came not to be a figment. School life for Hwang was not a luxury. He attended City University, and he did not achieve academically good grades, nor did he get a high result for his physical education. He soon found interest in building his own business at the age of 18, growing and selling christmas trees.
“I was academically, and physically not up to the standards. In fact, I was dyslexic. At 18, I wasn’t able to do anything, our family was poor, and I needed to do something. So I dropped out from school to start my own business.”

 Ryan said he never thought he would become so successful in life. 

The release of the new line of candy was introduced in his very own store, The Kandi Stop. He announced it via a loud-speaker on the streets of Mong Kok. For a while, the police thought he was a madman, until the police tried the candy themselves. They were astonished by the quality.

 He says his candy is the most innovative and best ever to have been manufactured on the planet. “Our candy is the most awe-inspiring ever created on this universe! Once the candy has made contact with with your tongue,  it liquefies into a soothing fluid like texture.” claimed Ryan.

 Hwang’s inspiration has come from the successful, 41-year-old British entrepreneur, Richard Branson. Hwang said since his early youth days, he always looks up to Richard as a motivator. 

Richard Branson, states, “There are not many successful entrepreneurs that reach the level of where I am. It takes a lot of hard work. I am proud to hear that Ryan uses me as his inspiration, but he has to have faith in himself. As of 2011, the success rate for entrepreneurs is 34%, and I hope Ryan is part of that 34. I wish the best to Ryan!” 

Franky Ng, vice president of The Kandi Store, said that they hope to expand The Kandi Store internationally around the globe in approximately 2 years and have 79 stores world-wide. 

Since there was only brief details about Ryan Hwang and his new candy. I had to make up things such as his background and his past etc.

Hope you enjoyed this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment