Welcome to my blog

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Fung and I am a secondary school student.
My interests are reading books, and playing outdoor sports. My most favoured sport is football, because it consists of communication and teamwork.
This blog is for saving my school work, and posting educational videos to help myself remember work I have done. Most of it will be written work, although I will post some videos.

Inspirational Quotes

Friday, June 3, 2011

The Mountains Run Along The West - Drew Carver - Peterson

The Mountains Run Along The West is a poem about nature, by Drew Carver - Peterson. In Art I chose to make a collage about my interpretation of this poem:

The mountains run along the West,
The rivers whisper as they flow,
The valleys are green down beneath,
The waterfalls crash as they go.
The rainforests? roofs are quite tall,
The lakes are incredibly wide,
The hills are glowing as they roam,
The plateaus have no place to hide.

We created our own abstract collage of our own interpretation. We were also required to make our own version of our interpretation of this poem. And mine this was my version:

The West they flow on.
Habitats they pass, rivers,
valleys, they keep flow.

Passing and tumbling, thriving to push through,
they plunge vigorously to the
icy cool, cool but not frozen.
Into the cool waterfall. . .

Through the night they flow,
through to the morn of light,
Say 'Hello' to the bright of tomorrow.
And say 'Good night' to the present.

Cause' there lay your mountains,
swooshing water, passes through the forests.
Where trees are high, reaching up into the sky.

Then we lay down our human foot,
tearing down rivers
valleys, and forests for paper.

Will we have mountains,
Will we have mountains, that say untouched?
Will there lay a habitat untouched?

As the mountains run along the west,
we run,
we run and chase.
Chase along the whole globe.
Cutting rainforests,

But the mountains, will still run along the west.

Another version I have written:
The sun rises on the east hiding at noon in the west, 
Running along with the mountains as the rivers drift in peace
Going down an emerald valley,
Changing into a gushing stream, crashing into bends and curves.
The rainforest high above with canopies in the clouds.
The lakes down beneath is boundless space,
As the hills reflects light as they travel along the mountain sides,

The plateaus far away from the shaded tree showing off their freedom space.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fung, I know it has been a long time since you posted this, but I wanted to let you know that I am honored you chose my poem for your art project. I also very much like your interpretation of my poem, and how you turned it into a piece about environmental degradation. Keep up the good work.

    - Drew Carver-Peterson

    ReplyDelete