Welcome to my blog

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Fung and I am a secondary school student.
My interests are reading books, and playing outdoor sports. My most favoured sport is football, because it consists of communication and teamwork.
This blog is for saving my school work, and posting educational videos to help myself remember work I have done. Most of it will be written work, although I will post some videos.

Inspirational Quotes

Monday, June 20, 2011

Boogie-Woogie

Here is also another one of my music scripts that I made. But this time covering the genre of Boogie-woogie. It should give a little background information about the genre and its history. 

Popular in 1930-1940's but was invented much earlier.
"Boogie-woogie is a piano-based blues that became very popular in the midst of the 1930-1940's." Unlike Bebop, Boogie-woogie was the type of music to dance to. 

The position of the piano was the accompany the singers and also to play as a solo in smaller bands.

For most bands that played 'boogie-woogie' style, the 12 bar blues was almost involved in every song. 

Boogie-woogie was first discovered in late 1930's in Texas, where many people gathered to do jam sessions. 

For most Boogie-woogie songs, they are based on the 12 bar blues. 

"The 12 bar blues is one of the most popular chord progressions in popular music, including the blues. The blues can be played in any key."

No comments:

Post a Comment