Welcome to my blog

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Fung and I am a secondary school student.
My interests are reading books, and playing outdoor sports. My most favoured sport is football, because it consists of communication and teamwork.
This blog is for saving my school work, and posting educational videos to help myself remember work I have done. Most of it will be written work, although I will post some videos.

Inspirational Quotes

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Growth Through Adversity

Today we are starting a new unit in English class and it is the Significant Concept Of Growth Through Adversity.

Growth Through Adversity means:
Growth= Physically and Mentally developing
Through= Going to one and another
Adversity= Misfortune, bad luck
Oscar: Having bad experiences when you are young and using those experiences to become a better person.
Fung: To experience bad things, and try to overcome them. And teach others to try and avoid. Also to change the way of others thinking. E.g. If you were a parent, would you put your child through Bad luck? Also having parents who are poor, may lead to adversity, but it can lead to a big dream.
Elspeth: Its when people grow up with misfortune or with difficulties
Maddie: When people grow up and achieve things through their misfortune

Guiding Question: How do we form & shape our Identity?
Oscar: We form & shape our identity is out of our actions and choices.
Elspeth: We form & shape our identities by our surroundings and the people around us
Maddie: We form & shape our identity by our looks, personalities and feelings (You have no control over your identity)
Fung: We try to change our personality, but it is hard to change. E.g. If you are talkative, you can't change that. (At least it is hard to). But we try to change little things such as our attitudes and our mood towards other and things in our surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment